Thursday, June 9, 2016

The Odyssey

"I owned every second, that this world could give
I saw so many places, the things that I did
With every broken bone, I swear I lived"

The lyrics of this song 'I Lived' by OneRepublic mean a lot to me and have become my guiding principle in life. It has been fairly clear to me for sometime now that I love traveling, to new places and to old ones too. After moving to Singapore, given its convenient location and an excellent airport,  I was able to go to more places that I would have ever imagined. Although most of my trips have been short (and long) weekend getaways, I have always believed that it's better to just go than wait for a longer vacation. However, most recently I was able to take longer trips for at least 10 days or more, and hopefully this trend will continue.

There is just something about this feeling of going somewhere, a feeling of adventure, a feeling of purpose, that is enough to get me day dreaming and then moving. Perhaps I've read too many adventure stories as a kid,  but I love how each trip becomes a story worth being told. Hence as part of this blog series, I will be sharing a few of those stories starting with the most recent trips and then adding the older ones.

In the past 2 months, I have visited Japan (Osaka,  Kyoto, Nara), Hong Kong, Spain (Madrid and Santiago de Compostela),  Norway (Oslo, Bergen, Alesund, and Geirangerfjord)  and  a few places in the USA (Denver, Columbus,  Chicago, San Antonio and Houston). Here as part of my blog posts,  I will be writing about my story in these places, what I did,  where I stayed and ate,  the amazing people that I met and some tips that I wish I had known, all from my lens. I have also associated a song with each place, as music is my second most favorite thing- (you're welcome Spotify premium!)

So come with me, let's ride and sing along!

No comments: